Jungle Scout Lite vs Pro: Which Chrome Extension Should You Get?
Researching for products to sell on Amazon isn’t as easy as it looks. Doing a simple product search manually on the Amazon website won’t show you what are arguably the most important metrics when it comes to picking a winner.
You need to consider “behind-the-scenes” factors such as:
What’s the estimated revenue for the product? How many are sold per day? How many reviews has it garnered? How many 5-star ratings has it received?
It will be difficult or simply too time-consuming to go through each product one by one just to look for these pieces of information. Imagine clicking on each search result, opening one product page after another. It will take hours, perhaps even days before you can figure out your next best-seller.
Thankfully, there are applications specifically created for Amazon product research such as Jungle Scout. Through its Google Chrome Extension, Jungle Scout gives you all the information you need in one very useful dashboard eliminating the need to click on every product just to see the information you’re looking for. Be sure to read our full review of the software, covering both the Web App and Chrome Extension.
Some free tools exist too but as revealed in our Jungle Scout and Unicorn Smasher comparison, it’s definitely worth considering a paid tool for this sort of research.
So, which version should you choose?
Perhaps giving you the rundown on what each product can do will help you decide.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension: Lite
Jungle Scout Lite is the basic version of this extension. It contains all the basic features that should be enough to let you perform good product research.
- It shows you the average monthly sales, average sales rank, average price and average reviews for the product you chose.
- As soon as you click on the “JS” button found on top of your Chrome browser, you are presented with the default columns that display all relevant information about the product you searched for:
- Product name
- Est sales
- Est revenue
- # of reviews
- BB Seller
- You also get an option to “Extract Next Page” so you can see the products listed on the next page.
- The “Associated Keyword” option at the bottom of the window, represented by the cloud icon, gives you an idea about the other keywords related to the one you used to search.
- There’s also an option to Share, Download or Export to Table which are very helpful so you can review the search results offline when needed.
- Clicking on any of the product’s Price or Rank (both values in bold) will open another window that will show you a graph of how the product has performed over a certain period of time for either of the two values, depending on which one you chose.
- Hovering the mouse over the product name gives you a small preview of the product that comes with the average star rating and number of reviews associated with it.
As you can see, the Lite version allows you to perform informative product research on its own. This comes in handy especially if you are on a budget because it still helps you find products much easier and faster than you would without it.
You can get the Lite version for an annual fee of $97.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension: Pro
Think of the Pro version as the “advanced” version because of the additional features you get access to along with those that come with the Lite version.
So what’s different with the Pro version?
- One of the glaring differences of the Pro version from the Lite version are the additional columns of information you will get by clicking on the “Options” button at the bottom of the window. Apart from the default columns that come with the Lite version, you will also get the following:
- FBA fee
- Tier (size-standard or oversized)
- New Sellers
- Item Length
- Item Width
- Item Height
- Item Weight
- Net (after FBA fees are deducted)
- Another very helpful feature only present in the Pro version is the ability to filter the results of your product search. By clicking on “Filter” at the bottom of the window, you’ll be able to set a range of values for all the default column data except for “# of Reviews” which makes for a more specific and narrowed-down search.
- An important note to remember is that it requires a professional seller’s account in Amazon to take advantage of the additional columns of data mentioned. Having the said requirement definitely makes the whole research process a lot easier.
You can get the Pro version for an annual fee of $197.
So, Which One?
As you can see, both versions of the Jungle Scout Google Chrome Extension are efficient in their own ways. They can both shorten your research time and simplify the research process through the features that come with them.
If you’re just starting out and on a tight budget, getting the Lite version should be enough to aid you in the research process. It should help you narrow down your choices for a relatively smaller fee. This isn’t one of those products where the cheapest option is essentially useless.
If you are a seasoned seller who’s looking to add more profitable products to your already thriving Amazon business, the Pro version is your best choice. The additional features in the Pro version are definitely worth the extra buck for speed and efficiency.